Can you deliver great service?
Our Assistant Underwriters provide an excellent service to our clients ensuring all sales and service enquiries are processed efficiently by phone and email. Working as part of our Policy Operations team you will undertake a wide range of activities, building your underwriting knowledge and understanding of our products.
The location for this role is our Swansea office, we are currently trailing different patterns of home and office working to determine to optimum working arrangements for the future. During the trial period the classification of this role is Office Primary. Typically this has entailed three days in the office and two days working from home.
Reporting to a Team Leader, your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Work with insurance brokers and direct clients to handle new enquiries, amendments to existing policies and policy renewal
- Act as a key liaison between the business and our customers providing regularly updates on every stage of the process
- Maintain effective working relationships with brokers and other stakeholders
- Produce policy documentation, creating and issuing correspondence to customers and brokers
- Build your knowledge of our products and services to become a subject matter expert
- Play your part in a culture of change as an individual and as a team member
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- The ability to work, both, as part of a team and independently
- A set of interpersonal skills that enable you to work successfully with clients by phone or correspondence
- A keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- A deep understanding of what good customer service involves
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- The drive to continually improve the way we work and the services we provide
What you'll get in return
- Training and Support
- Flexible employee benefits including a range of discounts from retailers
- Bonus opportunities
- Annual salary review
- Opportunities to progress your career with ERS