Have you thought about a career in insurance?
Our Claims Technicians are on the frontline and provide support and guidance to our customers when having to make a claim. This role is predominantly telephone based, where our technicians ensure that enquiries are processed in a timely manner and handled with the highest of care. Our Claims Technicians are continually building their technical knowledge of insurance claims and the laws and regulations that govern the process.
This position would suit those who have an interest in law, insurance, or customer service. Applicants do not need to have previous experience in these areas as full training will be provided.
The location for this role is our Swansea office. We are currently trialling different patterns of home and office working to determine to optimum working arrangements for the future. During the trial period the classification of this role is Hybrid. Typically, this has entailed three days collaborating with colleagues in the office and two days working from home per week.
Supported by a Claims Team Leader you will be:
- Responding to policy holder enquiries and correspondence in a professional manner
- Providing reassurance and supporting our customers through the claims process
- Establishing the circumstances of a claim and making the appropriate enquiries to ensure all parties understand the claim
- Negotiating the settlement of claims in an efficient and economical manner
- Promoting and ensuring the use of our approved supply chain when a vehicle requires repair
- Pursuing or negotiating the settlement of third-party claims
- Building a knowledge of our products and services to become an expert in your field
- Acting as a key liaison between the business and our customers providing regular updates on every stage of the process
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual holiday buy (up to 3 extra days)
- Salary sacrifice benefits
- Annual benefits reviews
- Professional qualifications (Chartered Institute of Insurers) and study support
Please get in touch with us if you:
- Can quickly build positive relationships with colleagues and customers
- Can confidently work with a wide range of audiences in writing and by telephone
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Can provide excellent customer service, irrespective of industry
- Have a desire to continually improve ways of working